Recipe - Chocolate Caramel pots
Prep time:(20)mins Cooking Time:(35)mins Difficulty: Easy
One tin of Coconut milk
75g of brown sugar
Two bars of Oyin's dark chocolate
One packet of ginger biscuits
A pinch of sea salt to serve (optional)
Fresh fruits to garnish (optional)
1. Put the biscuits in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to break the biscuits into sandlike texture. Set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a sauce pan. Add the brown sugar and stir occasionally to avoid burning.
3.Once the sugar has dissolved , add the coconut milk and mix until you get a creamy light brown colour. Add salt to taste.
4. Pour in a cup after it has cooled down but not cold.
5. Melt the dark chocolate bar in a small heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the water doesn't touch the base of bowl). Stir in the remaining coconut milk until smooth. Add a knob of plant based butter into the bowl.
6. Assembly by adding the crushed biscuits in a fancy cup, first, then the caramel and the dark chocolate.
7. Chill the pots for at least two hours
8. Enjoy! You can decorate your chocolate salted caramel pots with fresh fruits or with a pinch of sea salt.
Note: You could substitute the caramel with your favorite jam as in the picture.